Monday 7 November 2011

Today was my first day in nursery and I although I enjoyed it, it felt a lot longer than a usual school day! I learnt a lot about responsive planning and how much of an influence pre-school children have on their own learning. The whole day was based around what the children wanted to do and I learnt that as a nursery teacher, you have to step back more and let children discover things for themselves. This is frustrating at first as I'm so tempted to ask questions and encourage them to engage in worthwhile activities! I'm sure as the weeks go on, I'll get a more used to it. But so far, being in school and teaching definitely seem to be more appealing! 

1 comment:

  1. I have exactly the same problem on the rare occasions I visit nursery. The almost uncontrollable urge to start directing rather than "encouraging". :-)

    ReplyDelete